Longtime Bonneville County Commissioner Dave Radford was endorsed by Congressman Mike Simpson today. Dave is running as a Republican for state representative in the Idaho House Seat 32B.
This seat is currently held by Chad Christensen, R-Ammon, who is in his first term. The district includes rural eastern Bonneville and all of Franklin, Teton, Oneida, Caribou, and Bear Lake counties.
Congressman Mike Simpson says he’s “pleased to endorse Dave Radford for the Idaho House of Representatives. As a county commissioner Dave has been a strong advocate for economic development, especially in agriculture, and the Idaho National Lab. With decades of service in the Republican Party, Dave will defend our conservative values. Please join me in supporting Dave Radford.”
Radford believes his background and common-sense values has prepared him to serve in this new role. He was first elected as a Bonneville County Commissioner in 2003 has served six terms. Other notable positions past and present include:
· Former field representative to U.S. Senators Steve Symms and Bob Dole and former Sergeant-at-arms of the Idaho Senate appointed by Senator Mike Crapo
· Former Executive Director and Region 7 chair of the Idaho Republican Party
· Republican precinct committeeman for over 22 years (15 and 58 precincts)
· Bonneville County Fair Board Member
· Grand Teton Peaks Council Executive Committee member and Holiday Heartfelt Auction chairman for the Boy Scouts (6 years)
· Former Eagle Scout Advisor and BYU-Idaho youth advisor. Bonneville Youth Development Council supporter (BYDC)
· Chairman High County Resource Conservation and Development (USDA for Noxious Weed Control and Cloud Seeding)
· Board of Directors member of East Central Idaho Planning and Development (small business loans and infrastructure projects)
· Former Development Workshop, Inc. Board of Directors
· Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Center Committee Member
· Museum of Idaho and Bonneville County Heritage Commission board member.
· Idaho Falls Parks and Recreation and I.F. Urban Renewal Commission member
· State and National County Public Lands Committee Member
· Proud member of the Farm Bureau, National Rifle Association, Idaho Chooses Life, and Partnership for Science and Technology
· Chairman of the Bonneville County Mosquito Abatement Interim District (West Nile Virus Protection)
“My background in production agriculture, business and local government will help keep Idaho the greatest place to live, work and raise our children and grandchildren. I see my role in running as interviewing for the position and I will seek the input of voters throughout the district,” Radford said.
Radford’s campaign Treasurer is Bob Geddes, was a Republican member of the Idaho Senate, representing District 31 from 1995 to 2011. He was a resident of Soda Springs. In 2011, Geddes resigned from the Idaho Senate to accept an appointment to the Idaho Tax Commission where he served for one year. He later served as the Director of the Department of Administration under Governor Butch Otter, retiring in 2018.
Media requests welcome to Dave at 208-589-1295 or email@example.com.